As opposed to previous episodes, a whole lot of stuff happened here. I won’t get into all of it in this post, but I think a breakdown is useful at this point:
- Wolf flies a shuttle like a madman flying into La Vie en RoseMadorna.
- The Mobile Suit designers geek it out. Women put themselves in their place (LOL)
- UE goes on a rampage. Local suits including Gundam Titus proves inadequate.
- Decil confirms enemy status, gives orders for UE to withdraw.
- Yark Dole presented as a masked arms dealer of mystery.
- Grodek reveals himself, and plan. Emily stands up for him. Diva crew loyalty check successful.
- AGE System cliffhanger.
Lots of detail this time, as opposed the previous episode’s mostly fun meat-headed action. It’s actually difficult for me to pick on one thing to focus on, so here are a few:
The woman’s place in robot anime.
Hi kids! Remember this is the kind of woman you want, someone who’ll be strong enough to stand up to you, but always and only because she’s thinking of what’s best for you — knowing who you really are and indulging what your soul truly yearns for. She doesn’t have dreams outside yours, and if she does, she builds it around yours. Never mind if it’s just boys doing boy things like build and fight in fancy toys! Boys’ dreams are important. They risk everything for them, so risk everything to be with them!
Man would I want to be a girl in this show? Or ever?
The Diva Goes Rogue.
The Feddies can’t be trusted, only the Gundam matters. So Grodek takes independent action and declares war on the UE. It’s pretty stupid, because they only really have the Gundam and the G-EX as effective weapons against UE units. 3 extra ships will be fodder for the UE mecha. But the guy’s desperate, so this opportunity to attack means everything to him. Still, he’s got to consider how he’s sending almost everyone to near-certain death.
But kids, anything is possible if you have the Gundam and you BELIEVE!
Dude is wearing sunglasses indoors. Char is star struck.
Speaking of sunglasses,
Instead, Grodek abandoned him to die. Nice going keepin’ things kiddy Emily. Go let your boys risk it all fighting, while you risk it all watching. Damn, it sure sucks being a girl.